Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Iris

Two more iris opened this week.

First, another miniature bearded iris. I don't remember the name of this one. It is not my favorite - I think the colors are washed out and a bit dingy.

Here's a new iris I got as a passalong plant last year. It is supposed to be a rebloomer. We'll see. Even if it's not, I really like it. I haven't had a white iris before.

I'm making an effort to show more long views of the garden. Closeups are great to see the details of a particular plant, but they don't show how that plant fits in the overall landscape. Problem is, I never feel the gardens are cleaned up enough to be picture-worthy. I need to get over that.

Here's the garage garden. The miniature iris is in one of the pots in the foreground. (I really need to get prettier pots.) This bed is mostly purples in the spring. The muscari and anemone I showed previously have been overshadowed (quite literally, you can't even see them anymore) by the columbine just now starting to bloom. You can see one of the columbine flowers by the clematis trellis.

Here's the side yard, with the white iris on the left about a third of the way down.

I finally moved the sticks that had been blocking the path for the last month, just so I could take this picture. Still needs some cleaning up, though. I think those are Echinacea seedlings growing in the path.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your side garden. It is nice to see how everything is planted. I like white irises. I don't have any of my own though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my irises are finally flowering, two years after I planted them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, GONSS. I recommend the white irises - so cheery!

    Merf, I'm glad your irises are going to flower. Sometimes it takes a few years for them to get established. I have some that have never flowered.

    ReplyDelete