Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dont Tread on Me!

I was starting to clean out the last garden bed on the terrace a few weeks ago. I found an uprooted plant tag from the new peony I planted late last year. Now, where did I plant that peony? Did it survive my neglect after I planted it?

I didn't see any sign of it where I thought I'd put it, so I kept on weeding. When I stood up, I realized I'd bee nkneeling right on top of it! Unfortunately, it had already started growing, and I'd broken off its two emerging shoots:

Oops! What are the chances it will regrow?



...



Pretty good, it turns out. Here's what it looked like this evening:

Whew!

I doubt it will flower this year, but at least it is alive. Hopefully it will gain some strength this year and give me flowers next year.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of getting close to your plants but maybe you should give the poor peonie a little more space. Glad it sprouted back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, GonSS! Oh, and that's not a lilac. Details tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! i have this problem every spring. i tend to move everything around in the fall, but by springtime i've forgotten where i put everything. so watching the bulbs and perennials sprout come Spring is full of surprises.

    also love the new header--NOT lilac?

    ReplyDelete