Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Side Garden Cleanup

I spent part of the weekend cleaning up the side garden.  Taking down last year's flower stalks, trimming ivy, cutting back the butterfly bush, trying (and failing) to control the rosemary, and general weeding.

Before:  looking toward the front
After

Before:  looking toward the rear

 
After


I think I removed more from the area than I left behind!

Now I just need to mulch. I generally get a load of leaf mulch delivered from the city, but it is more than I can really deal with, and the pile sits in my driveway for months.  This year, I think I'm going to rent a truck and bring home just what I can use.  It will cost more to rent the truck, but my sanity is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a job! Before and after is fun, isn't it? I wish I had trouble controlling my rosemary; mine struggles just to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the before-and-after, but I don't show it very often. Since I never feel done, I never feel like I'm ready for an "after." But I've enjoyed yours so much I posted one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I NEVER feel done either, but when your yard is as big a wreck as mine has been, posting even an unfinished "after" is so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete