Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain

The rain came today. Not a lot, kind of misty, but cold, cold, cold. The cold came in Sunday, and should leave tomorrow. The rain is going to stick around for a while. Maybe all week. Even though it wasn't actively raining when I got home today, I used it as my excuse to not go out to work in the cold.

I did start a few new pots of cucumbers, for a friend who just discovered she does have rabbits. My own cucumbers are still just sprouts in the ground. I did see a new pole bean sprout today. Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and melons are still on the porch waiting to be hardened off. I started over the weekend, but kept them inside once it got cold. Except I forgot to bring them in Sunday night, so they got to experience some 40s then. I hope that doesn't stunt the growth too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment