Sunday, July 3, 2011

Water Lily

A few years ago I got a water lily in a plant swap. The lilypads were just what I needed to fill the little concrete fishless fishpond at the bottom of the terrace garden.

This post was going to be a question: Why aren't my lilypads laying on the surface? Some are, but most are standing straight up. Is this ok?


But as I took the picture above yesterday, so I could make my query/post, I saw something I'd never seen before:

A flower bud! Three years, and I finally have a flower.

Here are some pictures taken this morning:



So now this post is about showing off my first ever waterlily flower. But if you have any insight into the leaf questions, I'm still interested.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't know anything about water lilies. I like your little pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this variety isn't meant to sit on the water surface...

    ReplyDelete