Friday, May 11, 2012

Ooh, I'm in trrrrrouble!

I arrived home from work yesterday to find a notice taped to my front door.  If it's never happened to you, let me tell you it's never good to find notices from the city taped to your door.  Last year it was a note from the fire marshall that some of my fascia was loose and hanging down.  What that has to do with fire coe, I have no idea.  This time it was from code enforcement.  The fun part looked like this:


The letter went on to say I have a week to prune my tree, or the city will do it for me.  I have a feeling it woule be very expensive to let the city do it for me.  So I grabbed a ladder and my loppers, and went out to remedy the problem.

What problem?  This one:


 Yeah, I guess people have to do some limb-dodging to walkk down the sidewalk.  I'd noticed that recently, and figured it was just a good way to get people to use the sidewalk on the other side of the street (where they need to end up anyway, since this side's walk only spans four houses).  But the city had other ideas.

Half an hour later, I'd made myself quite a brush pile in the back yard:


And created a passable walkway in the front.  I hope it is sufficient to keep me out of trouble.

2 comments:

  1. I would think that will pass fine. Someone must have complained. You got a lot done quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! But what IS that tree? that horizontal growth habit is exactly what I want in my front yard bed.

    ReplyDelete