Monday, April 12, 2010

Leaf Mulch

My leaf mulch has arrived! Free from the city. I used to go to the facility and bag it myself. A tedious, back-breaking, time-consuming process, that left mulch all over the inside of my car. And I never had enough. This year I paid the city to deliver to my house. Delivery is the same price for a full-, half-, or quarter-truckload. I went with the half load. It arrived while I was at work today. I think it will be enough to keep me busy for a while.



I estimate it to be about 3 yards. I can move about 4 cu. ft. at a time in my garden cart. I started spreading it this evening, 3 cart loads of the stuff. At that rate it should take me just over a week until I can access my garage again. Until then I'll have to park on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment