Monday, March 15, 2010

March Blooms

Here it is, my first time participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, hosted at May Dreams Gardens, and I feel like nothing is blooming! Oh, and it's been raining for four days, so that doesn't help much. Daffodils are popular with GBBD participants today, but mine are still about 5" tall and several days from blooming. I have crocus:

Rather, I had crocus, last week when it was sunny. Now they are tightly closed, fending off the rain.

Hellebores got smushed by all the snow in February, but they are blooming anyway:
Here's a close up of the pretty purple one:


That's it for flowers so far, but I do have some trees in bloom. Not the fruit trees yet, but I do have maple:
and willow:

Happy Bloom Day, and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment